There is an endless number of benefits to marine water maker technology. By changing salty sea water into drinkable and fresh drinking water, you can enjoy the freedom of sailing around the world without heavy jugs of potable water dragging you down.
But before you invest in marine water maker technology, you are probably wondering, how does it even work?
Here’s how it works:
- Sea water is pulled up by a feed pump.
- The pre-filtration process begins, removing sand, debris, and other particles.
- Pressure pumps push pre-filtered water through osmotic membranes which separate fresh water from brine.
- Fresh water is sent to the tank & brine is released back to the sea.
- Osmotic membranes start a process called reverse osmosis, which separates fresh water from the salty water.
- Fresh water pumps that are installed on your vessel connect to the tank, enabling you to have a reliable supply of clean water for drinking, showers, washing dishes, etc.
At Beard Marine Group we offer marine water makers in Marathon, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Dania Beach, Miami, Stuart, and the surrounding areas. Whether you are having a marine water maker installed for the first time, or you need to replace your current water maker, we are there for you. Working with the top suppliers in marine water maker technology, our team of skilled technicians helps you find the right technology for your vessel at the right price.
Since 1981 we have been the preferred choice for all of South Florida’s marine AC, water maker, and refrigeration needs. With 4 parts department locations, we have all the technology you need to stay cool, refreshed, and comfortable aboard your vessel. Contact us today to learn more about our marine water makers!